Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In England now



I guess all the snow in DC threw off any intent to blog. We got a lot of snow...record snow in fact and although it was fun, I did miss a week of work and was kind of limited in what I could do. I guess I could have blogged on and on, but it would have been pretty boring stuff. Anyway I finished up in DC and went home for 3 days before departing for England to RAF base Alconbury. It was cold and rainy at first, then warmed up to above freezing and then got cold again and rainy and then back to cold and windy. I'm gonna treasure the summer this year. I have been around a little bit driving on the left side of the road in the right side of my car. I never really thot much about the fact that EVERYTHING in the car is reversed as well. I have been to Huntingdon (small town near the base), Peterboro which is a nearby city and this weekend to Ely, St Ives, and Hunstanton. There are ancient castles and cathedrals at every turn. I am posting a few pics, but I have to wait to get others from my travel partner because my camera crapped out at the 1000 year old church, which has been added on to and is still functioning. It is freakin spectacular with gargoyles, hand carved stones and graves going back to very olden days. I will do more as my travels allow and plan to update this more often, partly because England is so cool! these pics are Me in St Ives, followed by the cathedral at Peterboro, and the inside of the Cathedral at Ely (Eelee).

1 comment:

  1. I have just discovered your BLOG and I love it - what an awesome way to journal, and share your fun and sad stuff too. Sorry about your friend Debbie's house. Keep on writing !!

    ReplyDelete