Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beaches & Rainforests

Amazing to go from the beach to a rainforest so easily. I did get to the USS Arizona Memorial. It is a pretty moving place when I consider the magnitude of the loss there, still under my feet. A drive around the south and east end of Oahu cleared my head then I cut across the island up and over the Pali Hwy. Saturday I went to Diamond Head and hiked up the 200 and something steps (a short and simple climb for those of us who have climbed to the Petra Monastery and Masada) and then back down to Waikiki Beach for sun, swim and a $40 lunch of 3 fish tacos and 2 beers. People who come here with pocket change won't get very far. Today I celebrated Memorial day with a hike up to and beyond Manoa Falls and the evening Memorial Day Lantern Launch and ceremony at Ala Moana Beach. A very busy and very cool weekend. Now back to work to recover for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment