Sunday, May 31, 2009











I can't believe my time here is going so fast. Work is going fine and traveling is a lot of fun but I am realizing that it will take several more trips to do all I would like to do in Europe. I went to Paris on Saturday and spent the day...not nearly enough time. I hung out with a young Airman who just returned from Iraq: Walter from Alexandria, VA. We went to Louvre but it was the last stop of the day and just didn't have time to wander around. I needed another full day, at least. We did go to the top of the Eifel Tower, cruise the Seine River and visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, and of course get lost and spend time roaming the maze of the Metro. Using most the the French I knew (sil vous plez and excusemoi) I managed to get unlost with the help of non-English speaking people. Today I went to the small castles of Manderscheid in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Nobody understood English so instead of lunch I had apple struedel which in German is apfelstruedel. I understood that much. Waitress even couldn't understand i wanted coffee, so I let it go. Back to work tomorrow and the next weekend I have to decide between Auschwitz, Dachau or Heidelberg. Remember to pray for our Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Soldiers, and the civilians who support them who are in harm's way tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment