Sunday, June 14, 2009

Too little time...






On Friday I went to Trier yet again, but this time by train on an orientation trip. The big brick building was built by Konstantine in about the 4th century as his official throne room, before he up and moved to build Constantinople. I dont know how much time I am gonna spend cruising around by train, after all, I do have wheels. Saturday I drove to Koblenz with my traveling partner Holly, cruised on a Rhine River boat and wandered around the city downtown, ate eis (ice cream). I think it is a rule or something...ALL Germans eat eis and love it not matter how cold or hot it is. They make it a lot thicker and creamier than we do at home. It was real good! Not enough room here for a lot of pictures but the Rhine is dotted with castles all over the place, a statute of a boy that spits water every 3-4 minutes about 20 feet. Only one more full weekend left here. I am planning to check out a weinfest on the Mosel River near Cochem, so I will be getting a room. Oh yeah, and I am so popular with the Germans, they named a town after me. Check out the village name on this train station (bahnhof).




No comments:

Post a Comment